The throttle is set to 6 km/ph allowing you to get started, get your balance and then put your feet on the pedals – great if you haven’t ridden for a while or have a few extra kilos to move! You can rely on the E-City to get you home without you having to put too much effort if you don’t want to.
For an extra load, try the Smartmotion E-City with a basket or pannier bags. Plus, the 15.6 amp/hr battery gives you the extra power and range you need. The E-City was the first and only electric bike to reach the top of Mt Wellington in Hobart and then ride back to Moonah in the 2015 inaugural e-bike race.
- BATTERY: 36v15.6ah Samsung advanced lithium ion battery for NZ conditions – superior weatherproofing. USB charge port.
- RACK: Heavy duty rear battery rack, with elastic for luggage.
- BRAKE: Tektro disc brakes, with 180mm rotors for superior stopping.
- GEARS: Shimano 8 speed cassette 11-34 gear set, with Altus derailleur & shifter.
- FRAME: Alloy stepthru. Centre-mounted adjustable kickstand. (Also available in its 24” small version).
- HANDLE BAR: Semi 'cowhorn' comfort handle bars for relaxed, upright ride posture. Adjustable headset, adjust the handlebar height for different ride styles.
- FORK: SR Suntour alloy suspension forks.
- MUD GUARD: Polypropylene guards with heavy duty stays.
- TYRE: CST Commuter tyres, Kevlar guard, 26 X 1.9.
- RIM: 26” Alex DP23 with eyeletes.
- DISPLAY PANEL: LCD console with 5 level Pedal assist. Adjustable max speed. USB charge port.
- LIGHT: Integrated front and rear light powered from the main battery.
- SEAT: Smartmotion comfort seat. Suspension Seatpost.
- CABLES: Marine-rated cable plugs on all components for simple and quick servicing/replacement.
- MOTOR: High torque brushless with freewheel 250-350w.
- WARRANTY: 2 year warranty on battery and motor, 6 year on frame, 12 months other parts.